- 09/06/2005: Contest solutions are posted (in alphabetical order) !!!
Disclaimer: These are solutions submitted for ISPD 2005 placement contest which was held in April 2005. Today's version of each placement tool is likely to produce different solutions from these.
- 03/20/2005: Contest solutions must be submitted by March 25th 2005, 5:00 pm Eastern time.
- 03/20/2005: Six contest benchmarks are posted.
- 03/18/2005: New legality checking script is posted.
- 02/08/2005: The submission deadline of 3-page short paper is
extended to Thursday, Feb. 10 at noon 12:00 EST. Use the paper ID
notified from Lisa Tolles at Sheridan printing.
"legal.pl" has "num_of_rows" parameter for less
memory consumption. For example, "%legal.pl adaptec3.nodes
adaptec3.pl adaptec3_sol.pl adaptec3.scl 100" will check the
legality of your solution 100 rows at a time. It takes less
memory, but more CPU time.
- 02/08/2005: No commercial binary such as CPLEX can be used.
Public-domain library can be used, but you need to notify me ( firstname.lastname@example.org
) first to make sure that I have access to those.
This is why you need to send me your binary and run-script. If
you haven't sent them yet, please do so as soon as possible.
- 01/31/2005: Team information is posted. If
there is any error or you want to update it, please let me know.
- 01/31/2005: Solutions on sample benchmarks,
binary executable and script to run your placer are due by Feb.
6th. Please note that
only teams who have submitted these solutions will be considered
during the real contest.
- 01/31/2005: The final version of technical
paper is due by Feb. 8th.
- 01/31/2005: Two perl scripts are posted. If
you find any problem, please let me know.
: check the legality of placement solution
- Usage: legal.pl <NODE file>
<input PL file> <solution PL file> <SCL
- Output: creates "legality.error"
file. There shouldn't be any "ERROR" messages
in this file
: measures HPWL while respecting pin-offset values
- Usage: hpwl.pl <NODE file>
<input PL file> <solution PL file> <NET
- Output: print out HPWL value on
- 01/28/2005: The due date for the draft of
3-page technical paper is extended to Feb
2 (Wed). !!! If you haven't sent it to me (email@example.com)
yet, please do so ASAP.
- 01/12/2005: Two sample benchmarks are
mailed to each team
- Mar 20, 5:00 pm - Mar 25, 5:00 EST:
- Feb 8 : Final version of 3-page technical
- Feb 6 : Sample benchmark solutions, your
placer binary and script submission due
- Feb 2: 3-page technical paper draft due